The Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks has issued a public notice dated January 09, 2012 for the attention of trademark applicants and agents in India regarding furnishing of all the details and information while filing the application for trademark.
A lot of trademark applications are being received with deficiencies. The Trademark office has issued a list of guidelines to be met for the applications to be processed.
1. Actual description of Goods/Services in respect of which the trade mark is proposed to be used or has been used should be mentioned and terms like “all goods/services”, “etc”, “all other goods/services included in class….”, “goods/services not limited to……” shall not be entertained.
2. The names of proprietors in case of proprietorship firm, the names of all partners in case of partnership firm, name of managing trustee in case of Trust and name of person representing the society in case of Society, should be mentioned.
3. In case of ‘User’ of the trade mark the actual date, month and the year should be given and not just the year and/or the month.
4. Proper translation/transliteration of the trade mark should be provided in case of Non-English/Hindi characters appearing in the mark.
5. The trade mark should be clearly visible.